CircuPool® TJ-16 "Typhoon" Pre-Filter
The Typhoon pre-filter from CircuPool is the ultimate time-saver.
Using your existing pump and filter, the Typhoon turns your ordinary equipment into a sophisticated two-stage filtration system that delivers sparkling clear pool water and all but eliminates filter cleanings. With no moving parts to wear out and no electrical components, the Typhoon literally spins the dust and dirt out of your pool water.
Installation is an easy, ten minute do-it-yourself project for most homeowners. The Typhoon mounts on top of your pump so it fits right in to any equipment pad and, the 2 inch threaded couplings ensure free-flow operation on all pools.
Certified salt-pool safe: Compatible with all types of pumps and filters.
How It Works: Using similar vortex technology found in modern cyclonic home vacuum cleaners, the Typhoon removes most of the dirt from the water before it even reaches your filter. The TJ-16 has sixteen independent centrifugal chambers that spin-away impurities from the water. Its clear chamber lets you see how effective it is, and it can be cleaned in moments just by briefly opening its purge valve. Works great with any filter type; cartridge, sand, or Diatomacios Earth. The latest and greatest technology for pools- your pool store might not even know about it!
- Captures up to 80% of dirt and debris before it ever reaches the main filter.
- Brilliantly simple to clean, takes only a moment! No filter media to clean, recharge, or replace.
- Drastically reduces maintenance, minimizes backwash frequency or cartridge replacement on main filter.
- Improves water circulation, hydraulically efficient design.
- Corrosion and UV proof, glass-filled reinforced thermoplastic construction. Clear poly-carbonate sediment chamber.
- No moving parts, no wear-and-tear.
- Comes with purge valve and accessory plumbing parts
- Two Year Warranty.
- Optional support base available.
- Suitable for new and existing installations.
- Filter Type: Cyclonic Pre-Filter - Uses No Filter Media
- Filtration Area: n/a (prevents up 80% of particulate from reaching main filter)
- Minimum Flow: 13.2 GPM
- Maximum Flow: 132 GPM
- Plumbing Type: 1.5" / 2" Standard Connections
- Professional Installation Required: No